Amazing things happen when we let go of fear and embrace love. I have watched Jim Carey’s Commencement Speech at MUM several times now and each time I am inspired a little more to let go of the fear that holds me back. This should be a staple at all graduations, moving up days, and any gathering of young minds. We learn fear at a very young age and it sticks with us through life unless we find the courage to break free and take risks.
It is so important to encourage our children to live in love rather than fear. Often we impose our own ideas of “success” on others not realizing that our definition of success may be very different. We do this with good intention but it creates that fear of making a different choice because it may disappoint those close to us.
What would you do if you weren’t afraid?
When I let go of fear I will:
- Become the person I have always wanted to be but was too afraid to be.
- I will open doors rather than hide behind them worrying about what may be on the other side.
- I will open my heart to love and begin by loving myself.
- I will take the risks that are put on my path with enthusiasm and embrace the outcomes.
- I will go skydiving and learn how to dance.
What will you do when you let go of fear and embrace love? Please share your list….sometimes writing it down and seeing it in black and white can help to achieve it.
Have a beautiful day! ~Pamela